Egyptian locals national team and Hany Ramzy face a tough period ahead as...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Marwan Mohsen included in squad set to face Wydad
The squad features the inclusion of newly acquired Marwan Mohsen, who was officially announced yesterday as the ex-Ismaily striker isn’t cup tied and has been registered in the club’s African squad list.
Mohsen has taken one place with three remaining in the African squad list with other signings set to be registered once announced by Al Ahly.
Al Ahly have yet to register newly signed goalkeeper Mohamed El-Shennawy who signed from Petrojet two weeks ago with Sayed Abdel-Hafiz, Ahly’s football director, saying that the club are yet to decide on his inclusion.
The Red Devils sit last in their group with only one point after two losses and a draw. They desperately need an away win against Wydad for them to still have hope in qualifying for the semi-finals.
Al Ahly squad:
Goalkeepers: Sherif Ekramy, Ahmed Adel, Mosaad Awad.
Defenders: Ahmed Fathi, Mohamed Hany, Bassem Ali, Ahmed Hegazy, Rami Rabia, Mohamed Naguib, Saad Samir, Sabry Rahil, Hussein El-Sayed.
Midfielders: Hossam Ashour, Hossam Ghaly, Amr El-Sulaya, Ahmed Hamdy, Momen Zakaria, Walid Soliman, Ahmed El-Sheikh, Saleh Gomaa.
Strikers: John Antwi, Emad Meteb, Amr Gamal, Marwan Mohsen.