Ghana coach Avram Grant has encouraged his team to do better after their...
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
Marwan Mohsen included in squad set to face Wydad
Al Ahly manager Martin Jol has announced the squad set to face Wydad Casablanca in the CAF Champions League group stage.
The squad features the inclusion of newly acquired Marwan Mohsen, who was officially announced yesterday as the ex-Ismaily striker isn’t cup tied and has been registered in the club’s African squad list.
Mohsen has taken one place with three remaining in the African squad list with other signings set to be registered once announced by Al Ahly.
Al Ahly have yet to register newly signed goalkeeper Mohamed El-Shennawy who signed from Petrojet two weeks ago with Sayed Abdel-Hafiz, Ahly’s football director, saying that the club are yet to decide on his inclusion.
The Red Devils sit last in their group with only one point after two losses and a draw. They desperately need an away win against Wydad for them to still have hope in qualifying for the semi-finals.
Al Ahly squad:
Goalkeepers: Sherif Ekramy, Ahmed Adel, Mosaad Awad.
Defenders: Ahmed Fathi, Mohamed Hany, Bassem Ali, Ahmed Hegazy, Rami Rabia, Mohamed Naguib, Saad Samir, Sabry Rahil, Hussein El-Sayed.
Midfielders: Hossam Ashour, Hossam Ghaly, Amr El-Sulaya, Ahmed Hamdy, Momen Zakaria, Walid Soliman, Ahmed El-Sheikh, Saleh Gomaa.
Strikers: John Antwi, Emad Meteb, Amr Gamal, Marwan Mohsen.