Egypt international Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba scored a brace as Al-Ittihad beat Al-Ettifaq...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
VIDEO: Egypt thrash Angola to qualify for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations
Egypt held a slim lead ahead of the second leg of their Africa U-20 Cup of Nations third round qualifier match, as they beat Angola 1-0 in Cairo.
The Young Pharaohs missed the scorer from that match, Mostafa Mohamed, but would have little problem dispatching the Angola U-20 team.
It took only 12 minutes for the Young Pharaohs to take the lead. Egypt carved open the Angolan defence and Karim Nedved was in position to tap home into an empty net. Ahmed Ramadan put the tie beyond the hosts, moments from halftime, when he completed a team move by scoring from just outside the box.
Angola tried to rally back in the second half but their efforts were thwarted. In the 72nd minute, Ahmed Aboul-Fotouh’s long range shot beat the goalkeeper to make it 3-0. Ahmed Rayan then rose unchallenged to head home the fourth and seal an impressive win.
The 5-0 aggregate win ensured Egypt qualified for the 2017 Africa U-20 Cup of Nations set to be held in Zambia in February after missing out in 2015. The semifinalists of that tournament will play at the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup in South Korea.