Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Ihab Abdelrahman temporarily suspended for doping
Egyptian athlete Ihab Abdelrahman has been temporarily suspended due to doping accusations from the International Olympic Committee.
With the Olympics set to start after 13 days in Rio De Janeiro, the IOC have decided to test all athletes including the Egyptian delegation participating in the events for doping substances.
This decision has been part of the IOC’s crackdown on doping following accusations of state-sponsored doping against Russian athletes.
Based on that decision, Egyptian Javelin thrower Ihab Abdelrahman has been tested by the World Anti-Doping Agency and has been accordingly accused of doping after finding traces of testosterone in his blood that has been taken externally and not been naturally produced biologically by the body.
The sample was taken from Abdelrahman on 17 April before being sent to a lab in Barcelona and the results have come out this morning with the decision to suspend the athlete.
The IOC have thus temporarily suspended the player until further tests have been made to ensure whether the preliminary results were positive or not. If the second results turn out negative, Abdelrahman will then be allowed to compete in the Olympics in Rio.
It’s worth noting that the 27-year-old has won a gold medal in this year’s Diamond League with a 87.37 meter throw and he was one of Athletes expected to win a medal for Egypt in this year’s Olympics