Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Mohamed Koffi flees Egypt after Mortada allegations
Mohamed Koffi was diagnosed with a knee injury after Zamalek’s most recent CAF Champions League fixture against Mamelodi Sundowns.
Club president Mortada Mansour attacked the defender for not featuring against Ittihad of Alexandria in the Egypt Cup, and accused him by faking his injury; Koffi replied with a Facebook photo taken during a therapy session.
Koffi apparently left Egypt on Saturday night in retaliation to Mansour’s quotes, and Zamalek have issued a warning to the player ahead of their return fixture in South Africa on Wednesday.
This would be the second time Koffi has missed a match, after his absence against Nigerian side Enyimba due to a problem with his wages.