Newly elected president of the Confederation of African Football Ahmad Ahmad announced his backing...
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
Mohamed Koffi flees Egypt after Mortada allegations
Mohamed Koffi was diagnosed with a knee injury after Zamalek’s most recent CAF Champions League fixture against Mamelodi Sundowns.
Club president Mortada Mansour attacked the defender for not featuring against Ittihad of Alexandria in the Egypt Cup, and accused him by faking his injury; Koffi replied with a Facebook photo taken during a therapy session.
Koffi apparently left Egypt on Saturday night in retaliation to Mansour’s quotes, and Zamalek have issued a warning to the player ahead of their return fixture in South Africa on Wednesday.
This would be the second time Koffi has missed a match, after his absence against Nigerian side Enyimba due to a problem with his wages.