Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ said in recent comments that during his professional career...
- Mido: I’ve should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
Adam El-Abd hoping for an international recall
The 31-year-old, who has penned a two-year contract with Shrewsbury Town, believes he could win another chance to represent the Egyptian national team if he impresses at Greenhous Meadow.
“I would like to think at 31 I’ve still got a half a chance of getting back in that squad,” El-Abd told shropshirestar.com
“I haven’t given up hope. I want to have a good year here and see where that takes me. If we can get promoted into the Championship with Shrewsbury Town, then why not?
“Hopefully I can put in some good performances to help the team push up to the top half of the league.
“I could get another call-up. You never give up hope. It was a great honour and it gave me some unforgettable experiences.”
El-Abd has represented Egypt seven times, scoring once against Uganda in a friendly game, but his last appearance came in September 2013 against Guinea in the 2014 World Cup qualifiers which the Pharaohs won 4-2.
“When I went into League One with Bristol City, it never quite happened because they tend to look to the Premier League rather than League One
“All I can do is control the controllables, which for me is to hopefully play well for Shrewsbury and hopefully someone takes notice and gets me back in the squad,” The Egyptian concluded.
Adam El-Abd joined League One side Shrewsbury Town on free transfer following the termination of his contract with Bristol City and will wear the number 24 shirt with the Blues.