Ghana Football Association’s technical director Francis Oti Akenteng has spoken about their...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Mark Hughes: Sobhi has maturity and experience
Stoke City manager Mark Hughes has expressed his excitement at completing the signing Ramadan Sobhi from Egyptian giants Al Ahly.
Stoke City announced the completion of the signing on Monday, after a prolonged saga that saw clubs such as Udinese and Fiorentina linked to the player.
— Stoke City FC (@stokecity) July 25, 2016
“It’s an exciting capture, I feel he’s a good young player. It may take him a while to understand the Premier League,” Stoke manager Mark Hughes enthused.
“He’s got good experience for somebody who’s so young.
“He’s got maturity and experience. You’ll need that because the Premier League is a difficult league, but I’ve spoken to him and he’s a very mature young man,” he concluded.
The Potters have agreed a fee in the region of £5 million for the 19-year-old, as Ramadan becomes Stoke City’s first signing of the summer.