Al Ahly director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz has announced that the team...
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
OFFICIAL: Stoke City sign Ramadan Sobhy
After a long wait, Ramadan Sobhi has finally put pen to paper with the Potters to make it three Egyptians in the 2016/17 Premier League season.
19-year-old Ramadan Sobhi has finally been announced as Stoke City’s newest signing, after a highly anticipated move to England has that has been the subject of wide interest since last May.
The fee is in the region of £5 million, according to the Potters.
Scoring 16 goals in 66 appearances in all competitions, Ramadan quickly became of interest to many clubs.
Sobhy’s transfer was in doubt after reports claimed that Al Ahly manager, Martin Jol, took too long to respond to Stoke’s offer in favor of keeping the young Egyptian.
Jol looked to keep the highly rated youngster with hopes he would bolster the squad in their Champions League journey, but at the end the Dutch manager had to surrender to Sobhy’s desire.
Sobhy was recently crowned Egyptian Premier League champion with his side Al Ahly, and put on a fantastic performance throughout the season.
There was also interest also coming from Italian outfit Udinese, with the club director calling Ramadan ”an interesting profile”, as the club attempted to sort out a deal.
It is well worth noting that Ramadan Sobhi was reportedly on the radar of numerous European clubs, including AC Milan.