Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Infantino proposes extra African spots in expanded World Cup
Infantino has long been a supporter of the expansion of the FIFA World Cup from its current 32-team format, and proposed the idea before even being elected as FIFA president.
Africa is currently allocated five spots in the World Cup, with the current format.
“My proposal has been 40 teams and if that happens then m proposal has been to have at least two extra place for African teams,” Infantino said, according to British news outlet BBC.
However, the proposed expansion will definitely not be applied before 2026, with the 32-team format confirmed for the 2018 and 2022 tournaments in Russia and Qatar respectively.