Egypt international Mohamed Salah scored in his side’s 4-1 victory over Torino...
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
- Smouha to face Kenya’s Ulinzi Star in CAF Confederation Cup
- Ahmed Yasser scores first goal in debut with Al Mina’a
Infantino proposes extra African spots in expanded World Cup
Infantino has long been a supporter of the expansion of the FIFA World Cup from its current 32-team format, and proposed the idea before even being elected as FIFA president.
Africa is currently allocated five spots in the World Cup, with the current format.
“My proposal has been 40 teams and if that happens then m proposal has been to have at least two extra place for African teams,” Infantino said, according to British news outlet BBC.
However, the proposed expansion will definitely not be applied before 2026, with the 32-team format confirmed for the 2018 and 2022 tournaments in Russia and Qatar respectively.