Former Al Ain FC Croatian coach Zlatko Dalic revealed that he was honored...
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
Infantino proposes extra African spots in expanded World Cup
Infantino has long been a supporter of the expansion of the FIFA World Cup from its current 32-team format, and proposed the idea before even being elected as FIFA president.
Africa is currently allocated five spots in the World Cup, with the current format.
“My proposal has been 40 teams and if that happens then m proposal has been to have at least two extra place for African teams,” Infantino said, according to British news outlet BBC.
However, the proposed expansion will definitely not be applied before 2026, with the 32-team format confirmed for the 2018 and 2022 tournaments in Russia and Qatar respectively.