Egypt will face England in the 2016 Women’s World Team Squash Championship...
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
Infantino proposes extra African spots in expanded World Cup
Infantino has long been a supporter of the expansion of the FIFA World Cup from its current 32-team format, and proposed the idea before even being elected as FIFA president.
Africa is currently allocated five spots in the World Cup, with the current format.
“My proposal has been 40 teams and if that happens then m proposal has been to have at least two extra place for African teams,” Infantino said, according to British news outlet BBC.
However, the proposed expansion will definitely not be applied before 2026, with the 32-team format confirmed for the 2018 and 2022 tournaments in Russia and Qatar respectively.