Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Egypt Olympian El-Gamel set to miss Rio 2016 due to injury
Egypt have suffered another blow as hammer thrower Mostafa El-Gamel is set to miss the 2016 Olympic Games due to a knee injury.
Mostafa El-Gamel will definitely miss the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil due a serious injury- he suffered a ruptured knee ligament with the tournament fast approaching.
Being the holder of the African record with a 81.27m hammer throw in the 2014 Continental Cup, the 27-year-old star was expected to make a positive impact during the Olympics.
“It is confirmed that I have a very serious injury. There is no hope I can reach Rio,” a disappointed El-Gamel confirmed to Ahram Online.
This was Egypt’s second blow ahead of the Olympic Games, after javelin thrower Ihab Abdelrahman recently failed to pass his doping test and his participation remains in jeopardy.