KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Egypt Olympian El-Gamel set to miss Rio 2016 due to injury
Egypt have suffered another blow as hammer thrower Mostafa El-Gamel is set to miss the 2016 Olympic Games due to a knee injury.
Mostafa El-Gamel will definitely miss the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil due a serious injury- he suffered a ruptured knee ligament with the tournament fast approaching.
Being the holder of the African record with a 81.27m hammer throw in the 2014 Continental Cup, the 27-year-old star was expected to make a positive impact during the Olympics.
“It is confirmed that I have a very serious injury. There is no hope I can reach Rio,” a disappointed El-Gamel confirmed to Ahram Online.
This was Egypt’s second blow ahead of the Olympic Games, after javelin thrower Ihab Abdelrahman recently failed to pass his doping test and his participation remains in jeopardy.