Mohamed Mamdouh Hashem, Pays d’Aix and Egypt’s National Handball team Pivot, spoke...
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I didn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
Egypt Olympian El-Gamel set to miss Rio 2016 due to injury
Egypt have suffered another blow as hammer thrower Mostafa El-Gamel is set to miss the 2016 Olympic Games due to a knee injury.
Mostafa El-Gamel will definitely miss the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil due a serious injury- he suffered a ruptured knee ligament with the tournament fast approaching.
Being the holder of the African record with a 81.27m hammer throw in the 2014 Continental Cup, the 27-year-old star was expected to make a positive impact during the Olympics.
“It is confirmed that I have a very serious injury. There is no hope I can reach Rio,” a disappointed El-Gamel confirmed to Ahram Online.
This was Egypt’s second blow ahead of the Olympic Games, after javelin thrower Ihab Abdelrahman recently failed to pass his doping test and his participation remains in jeopardy.