Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
Egypt Olympian El-Gamel set to miss Rio 2016 due to injury
Egypt have suffered another blow as hammer thrower Mostafa El-Gamel is set to miss the 2016 Olympic Games due to a knee injury.
Mostafa El-Gamel will definitely miss the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil due a serious injury- he suffered a ruptured knee ligament with the tournament fast approaching.
Being the holder of the African record with a 81.27m hammer throw in the 2014 Continental Cup, the 27-year-old star was expected to make a positive impact during the Olympics.
“It is confirmed that I have a very serious injury. There is no hope I can reach Rio,” a disappointed El-Gamel confirmed to Ahram Online.
This was Egypt’s second blow ahead of the Olympic Games, after javelin thrower Ihab Abdelrahman recently failed to pass his doping test and his participation remains in jeopardy.