Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Egypt Olympian El-Gamel set to miss Rio 2016 due to injury
Egypt have suffered another blow as hammer thrower Mostafa El-Gamel is set to miss the 2016 Olympic Games due to a knee injury.
Mostafa El-Gamel will definitely miss the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil due a serious injury- he suffered a ruptured knee ligament with the tournament fast approaching.
Being the holder of the African record with a 81.27m hammer throw in the 2014 Continental Cup, the 27-year-old star was expected to make a positive impact during the Olympics.
“It is confirmed that I have a very serious injury. There is no hope I can reach Rio,” a disappointed El-Gamel confirmed to Ahram Online.
This was Egypt’s second blow ahead of the Olympic Games, after javelin thrower Ihab Abdelrahman recently failed to pass his doping test and his participation remains in jeopardy.