Al Ahly continued their winning streak after beating Tanta 1-0 on Monday,...
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
Equatorial Guinea FA Vice President banned by CAF, FIFA
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has announced FIFA’s approval to extend the ban of Gustavo Ndong Edu, vice-president of the Equatorial Guinea Football Association, to a global level in an attempt to combat match manipulation.
The decision came after Edu attempted to bribe the match officials of the Africa Women’s Cup of Nations qualifier between Equatorial Guinea and Mali on the 10th of April of this year.
The CAF Disciplinary Board imposed a two-year ban on Edu on July 9, 2016, prohibiting him from partaking in any football-related activities in Africa, effective July 10.
On July 25, FIFA’s Disciplinary Committee extended Edu’s ban to the global stage in accordance with article 78 part 1c and article 136ff of the FIFA Disciplinary Code.
This decision comes as a warning sign from the CAF and FIFA to all those who attempt to take part in match manipulation and other forms of bribery.