After losing the Champions League final to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s chairman, Mortada...
- Mortada Mansour: the refree recieved a bribe
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
Ihab Abdelrahman set to miss Olympics
Egyptian javelin thrower Ihab Abdelrahman is set to miss the 2016 Olympics in Rio, due to a lack of time to test his second sample ahead of the Games kicking off early next month.
It has been confirmed that Monday, the 25th of July, was the last working day at the lab tasked with testing Egyptian athletes’ samples ahead of the Olympics Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and Ihab Abdelrahman’s Sample A – provided in April – came back positive for banned substances.
Abdelrahman went on record to vehemently deny any wrongdoing, as a decision was made to test his second sample, Sample B, and decide his future based on its results.
However, it appears there will not be enough time to test Sample B until after the Games are over, which would prevent the 2015 Beijing World Championships runner-up from participating in Brazil.