Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Ihab Abdelrahman set to miss Olympics
Egyptian javelin thrower Ihab Abdelrahman is set to miss the 2016 Olympics in Rio, due to a lack of time to test his second sample ahead of the Games kicking off early next month.
It has been confirmed that Monday, the 25th of July, was the last working day at the lab tasked with testing Egyptian athletes’ samples ahead of the Olympics Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and Ihab Abdelrahman’s Sample A – provided in April – came back positive for banned substances.
Abdelrahman went on record to vehemently deny any wrongdoing, as a decision was made to test his second sample, Sample B, and decide his future based on its results.
However, it appears there will not be enough time to test Sample B until after the Games are over, which would prevent the 2015 Beijing World Championships runner-up from participating in Brazil.