Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
Ihab Abdelrahman set to miss Olympics
Egyptian javelin thrower Ihab Abdelrahman is set to miss the 2016 Olympics in Rio, due to a lack of time to test his second sample ahead of the Games kicking off early next month.
It has been confirmed that Monday, the 25th of July, was the last working day at the lab tasked with testing Egyptian athletes’ samples ahead of the Olympics Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and Ihab Abdelrahman’s Sample A – provided in April – came back positive for banned substances.
Abdelrahman went on record to vehemently deny any wrongdoing, as a decision was made to test his second sample, Sample B, and decide his future based on its results.
However, it appears there will not be enough time to test Sample B until after the Games are over, which would prevent the 2015 Beijing World Championships runner-up from participating in Brazil.