The Egyptian Minister of Youth & Sports has announced that a record-high...
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
Utaka: Ibrahim Said was the best defender I played against
The Nigerian striker played for the Arab Contractors in 1998, before playing for the Daraweesh between 1999 and 2001. In June, KingFut exclusively revealed Utaka’s return to the Egyptian Premier League.
Speaking of the Egyptian Premier League, Utaka was quick to name the player he sees special. “Currently, I think that Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal is a special player. He posses great skills and is capable of many things,” he said.
Utaka then shifted his talk to his earlier stint in the Egyptian Premier League, labeling Ibrahim Said as one of the best defenders he has played against.
“There were great defenders in the league at the time, but in my opinion Ibrahim Said was the best,” he recalled, and continued, “He was strong and quick, and I enjoyed competing with him in my matches against Al Ahly.”
“My role model has to be Nwankwo Kanu. I always tried to imitate his playing style. When I saw him and played alongside him for the first time in the dressing, I was speechless,” he explained.