Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Utaka: Ibrahim Said was the best defender I played against
The Nigerian striker played for the Arab Contractors in 1998, before playing for the Daraweesh between 1999 and 2001. In June, KingFut exclusively revealed Utaka’s return to the Egyptian Premier League.
Speaking of the Egyptian Premier League, Utaka was quick to name the player he sees special. “Currently, I think that Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal is a special player. He posses great skills and is capable of many things,” he said.
Utaka then shifted his talk to his earlier stint in the Egyptian Premier League, labeling Ibrahim Said as one of the best defenders he has played against.
“There were great defenders in the league at the time, but in my opinion Ibrahim Said was the best,” he recalled, and continued, “He was strong and quick, and I enjoyed competing with him in my matches against Al Ahly.”
“My role model has to be Nwankwo Kanu. I always tried to imitate his playing style. When I saw him and played alongside him for the first time in the dressing, I was speechless,” he explained.