Zimbabwean forward, Khamat Billiat, is glad that he stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns’...
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns’ midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
Martin Jol: Ramadan Sobhi could play for Manchester United
Jol, who currently manages Al Ahly, urged Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho to keep an eye on Sobhi, as he believes that the 19-year-old winger has the potential to move to Old Trafford.
“I sent a message to Jose Mourinho, who is in touch with me, asking him to keep an eye on Ramadan with Stoke City as he is a brilliant player and he can play at Manchester United after that,” Al Ahly manager said.
The former Tottenham boss insisted that he tried to persuade Sobhi to stay in Egypt, but the player insisted on leaving.
“I tried to keep Sobhi in my squad but he insisted on taking his chance in the Premier League.
“I hope he will succeed in England and I will always support him. I am confident he is ready to play in the English top flight,” Jol added.
Sobhi, who was recently crowned Egyptian Premier League champion with his former side Al Ahly, was hailed by former Tottenham striker Ahmed Hossam Mido after completing his move to Stoke City.
“For me, he is the best young player I’ve seen in years. He has everything, he’s strong and his technical ability is amazing,” Mido told Stoke city’s official website.