Alexandrian Smouha SC was stunned by a fifth ACL injury this season...
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
Martin Jol: Ramadan Sobhi could play for Manchester United
The English Premier League side announced on Monday the signing of the Egypt international winger from Egyptian side Al Ahly in a 6 million euro deal.
Jol, who currently manages Al Ahly, urged Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho to keep an eye on Sobhi, as he believes that the 19-year-old winger has the potential to move to Old Trafford.
“I sent a message to Jose Mourinho, who is in touch with me, asking him to keep an eye on Ramadan with Stoke City as he is a brilliant player and he can play at Manchester United after that,” Al Ahly manager said.
The former Tottenham boss insisted that he tried to persuade Sobhi to stay in Egypt, but the player insisted on leaving.
“I tried to keep Sobhi in my squad but he insisted on taking his chance in the Premier League.
“I hope he will succeed in England and I will always support him. I am confident he is ready to play in the English top flight,” Jol added.
Sobhi, who was recently crowned Egyptian Premier League champion with his former side Al Ahly, was hailed by former Tottenham striker Ahmed Hossam Mido after completing his move to Stoke City.
“For me, he is the best young player I’ve seen in years. He has everything, he’s strong and his technical ability is amazing,” Mido told Stoke city’s official website.