The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
Martin Jol: Ramadan Sobhi could play for Manchester United
Jol, who currently manages Al Ahly, urged Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho to keep an eye on Sobhi, as he believes that the 19-year-old winger has the potential to move to Old Trafford.
“I sent a message to Jose Mourinho, who is in touch with me, asking him to keep an eye on Ramadan with Stoke City as he is a brilliant player and he can play at Manchester United after that,” Al Ahly manager said.
The former Tottenham boss insisted that he tried to persuade Sobhi to stay in Egypt, but the player insisted on leaving.
“I tried to keep Sobhi in my squad but he insisted on taking his chance in the Premier League.
“I hope he will succeed in England and I will always support him. I am confident he is ready to play in the English top flight,” Jol added.
Sobhi, who was recently crowned Egyptian Premier League champion with his former side Al Ahly, was hailed by former Tottenham striker Ahmed Hossam Mido after completing his move to Stoke City.
“For me, he is the best young player I’ve seen in years. He has everything, he’s strong and his technical ability is amazing,” Mido told Stoke city’s official website.