Al Masry have continued their winning streak as they beat Petrojet 2-1...
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
Karim Hafez says he is happy at Lierse
Young defender, Karim Hafez has answered back to rumours about his future. The left back spoke in an interview with his team, Lierse S.K.
It has been reported that French Ligue 1 clubs are interested in the 20 year old Egyptian. But Hafez seems intent on staying. He praised the atmosphere in the team. “With the group from day one to start the preparation is ideal. I recognized there many former teammates, but I learned so quickly to know the newcomers. There prevails a supreme best atmosphere here, both among the sports staff, guidance as the players. This means that we can work in the best conditions. Also, last week we have continued to lay a good foundation for the coming season.”
He recalled his time last season, on loan, at AC Omonoia of Cyprus and wants to use that experience to win in Belgium.
“Personally, I have last season played 36 games at AC Omonia and I feel ready to start this season. It is a peculiar competition with many strong teams, but Lierse must play for the prizes.”
In the interview, Lierse S.K. asked him about a possible move and he had this to say, “I certainly do not feel rushed to leave here. I know there is a lot of interest from several clubs, but it must be the right one. I am happy at Lierse, it is the club that gave me the first opportunity at the highest level. I also feel that I can bring to our club anything, to work together towards that goal that we all have put this season Lierse back to first class.
Hafez continued, “So I will listen to the club, if they want me to stay, I’ll stay here with pleasure. I also feel that I can help the team, and meanwhile Lierse can grow further and work on my personal development, I experience therefore no pressure to have to leave, the club has told me that they just let me go this transfer window if there really is a very good offer, one that they can not refuse.”