Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Orlando Pirates player tests positive for cocaine
It has been revealed that an Orlando Pirates player has failed a drug test conducted after a league match and now faces a ban.
The South African Institute of Drug-Free Sport (SAIDS) has revealed that an Orlando Pirates player failed a drug test.
Announcing to the media, SAIDS CEO Khalid Galant said “I can confirm that a football player from Orlando Pirates at an Absa Premiership game failed a doping test. The B-Sample test confirmed usage of cocaine. The player has contested the charge and it will be heard on August 31.”
Reports on who the player is cannot be confirmed as Galant declined to reveal this to the media “I can’t reveal the player’s name.”
Last year, Youcef Belaili of Algeria was banned for doping. This Orlando Pirates player also faces a possible ban.