Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Orlando Pirates player tests positive for cocaine
It has been revealed that an Orlando Pirates player has failed a drug test conducted after a league match and now faces a ban.
The South African Institute of Drug-Free Sport (SAIDS) has revealed that an Orlando Pirates player failed a drug test.
Announcing to the media, SAIDS CEO Khalid Galant said “I can confirm that a football player from Orlando Pirates at an Absa Premiership game failed a doping test. The B-Sample test confirmed usage of cocaine. The player has contested the charge and it will be heard on August 31.”
Reports on who the player is cannot be confirmed as Galant declined to reveal this to the media “I can’t reveal the player’s name.”
Last year, Youcef Belaili of Algeria was banned for doping. This Orlando Pirates player also faces a possible ban.