An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Mohammed Koffi announces Zamalek departure in open letter
Burkina Faso international Mohamed Koffi has confirmed his departure from Egyptian giants Zamalek and thanked club fans in an open letter on Thursday.
Moreover, it was said that the Burkinabe defender decided to file a complaint against the White Castle at FIFA as he had financial dues at the club that he hasn’t received.
“It is with my deepest regrets I have to announce that I won’t be able to play anymore for the club that has given me so much these past years,” Koffi said.
“During my time with you [Zamalek fans], you have given me so much and I gave you everything. I have never seen so much passion about a club, this has really fulfilled my heart and pushed me to always get better and give everything on the pitch. Those who know me personally will be able to tell you among most of things, playing for this team is what matters the most for me.”
“The conditions of my stay were unfortunately not allowing me to guarantee my family the support they needed from me anymore. You have to know the simple fact of respecting the contract that was offered to me would have guaranteed my stay. This condition has not been met in the past months, [what made me decide to] leave in order to be able to keep doing my job and provide for them, you will always be in my heart and soul,” Koffi concluded.
Zamalek president has claimed that Koffi has an offer from abroad which is the main cause of his disobedient acts.