The round one fixtures for the Men’s World Squash Championship 2016 have been released. ...
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
Mohammed Koffi announces Zamalek departure in open letter
Burkina Faso international Mohamed Koffi has confirmed his departure from Egyptian giants Zamalek and thanked club fans in an open letter on Thursday.
Koffi flied Egypt last week following the accusations directed against him from Zamalek president Mortada Mansour claiming that the 29-year-old has faked an injury.
Moreover, it was said that the Burkinabe defender decided to file a complaint against the White Castle at FIFA as he had financial dues at the club that he hasn’t received.
“It is with my deepest regrets I have to announce that I won’t be able to play anymore for the club that has given me so much these past years,” Koffi said.
“During my time with you [Zamalek fans], you have given me so much and I gave you everything. I have never seen so much passion about a club, this has really fulfilled my heart and pushed me to always get better and give everything on the pitch. Those who know me personally will be able to tell you among most of things, playing for this team is what matters the most for me.”
“The conditions of my stay were unfortunately not allowing me to guarantee my family the support they needed from me anymore. You have to know the simple fact of respecting the contract that was offered to me would have guaranteed my stay. This condition has not been met in the past months, [what made me decide to] leave in order to be able to keep doing my job and provide for them, you will always be in my heart and soul,” Koffi concluded.
Zamalek president has claimed that Koffi has an offer from abroad which is the main cause of his disobedient acts.