Mali coach Alain Giresse officially confirmed that Soumbeyla Diakite and attacker Adama Traoré...
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
Wydad manager Toshack: We faced Al Ahly with only six players
Al Ahly have managed to seal an important victory against the Wydad, thanks to a Rami Rabia header in the first minute of the second half, to keep their chances of advancing to the African competition’s semifinals alive.
Toschack held the responsibility of Wydad’s loss to some of the team’s players, saying that they didn’t follow his instructions.
“We played with six players only, the rest of players didn’t take the right position on the field. Al Ahly is an experienced team and deserved to win,” the Welsh manager said after the game.
The Red Devils’ victory against Wydad made them 3rd in Group B with four points on par with ASEC Mimosas but leading on goal difference. While Wydad remain in the first place of the group with seven points, followed by Zesco United with the same number of points.