The Egyptian national military team has managed to beat Canada 4-0 in...
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
Elneny features as Arsenal snatch late win over MLS All-Stars
Mohamed Elneny was subbed off after 67 minutes in Arsenal’s 2-1 friendly win against the All-Stars, with goals from Joel Campbell and Chuba Akpom securing victory.
A weakened Arsenal side faced up against the MLS All-Stars, with Arsene Wenger giving starts for Krystian Bielik and new-signing Rob Holding at centre-back. Elneny started alongside Francis Coquelin in the middle of the park.
Arsenal came out the strongest and were rewarded with a penalty after Laurent Ciman fouled Joel Campbell in the 11th minute. Campbell stepped up and dispatched the spot-kick calmly into the corner.
Close shots from Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Elneny almost doubled Arsenal’s lead, but it was the All-Stars who made the most of their growing pressure.
Giovanni Dos-Santos found Didier Drogba in the box and after three tries the former-Chelsea striker put the ball into Petr Cech’s net.
The game was tied 1-1 at half-time and changes were made by both sides. Wenger brought on five players: debutant Granit Xhaka came on for Coquelin whilst Bellerin, Monreal, Iwobi and Chambers were given minutes.
Second-half sub Sebastian Giovinco almost gave the All-Stars the lead after forcing a save from Cech, before Xhaka also tested All Stars goalkeeper Blake’s reflexes with a long shot.
Elneny was taken off for Gedion Zelalem mid-way through the second half as both sides tried to find a winner.
A typical Arsenal goal was found in the 87th minute after brilliant build-up play led to a low cross which found youngster Akpom in the six-yard box.
Arsenal play Mexican side Chivas in Los Angeles next week as they prepare for the upcoming season.