Mohamed Mamdouh Hashem, Pays d’Aix and Egypt’s National Handball team Pivot, spoke...
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I didn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
Elneny features as Arsenal snatch late win over MLS All-Stars
A weakened Arsenal side faced up against the MLS All-Stars, with Arsene Wenger giving starts for Krystian Bielik and new-signing Rob Holding at centre-back. Elneny started alongside Francis Coquelin in the middle of the park.
Arsenal came out the strongest and were rewarded with a penalty after Laurent Ciman fouled Joel Campbell in the 11th minute. Campbell stepped up and dispatched the spot-kick calmly into the corner.
Close shots from Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Elneny almost doubled Arsenal’s lead, but it was the All-Stars who made the most of their growing pressure.
Giovanni Dos-Santos found Didier Drogba in the box and after three tries the former-Chelsea striker put the ball into Petr Cech’s net.
The game was tied 1-1 at half-time and changes were made by both sides. Wenger brought on five players: debutant Granit Xhaka came on for Coquelin whilst Bellerin, Monreal, Iwobi and Chambers were given minutes.
Second-half sub Sebastian Giovinco almost gave the All-Stars the lead after forcing a save from Cech, before Xhaka also tested All Stars goalkeeper Blake’s reflexes with a long shot.
Elneny was taken off for Gedion Zelalem mid-way through the second half as both sides tried to find a winner.
A typical Arsenal goal was found in the 87th minute after brilliant build-up play led to a low cross which found youngster Akpom in the six-yard box.
Arsenal play Mexican side Chivas in Los Angeles next week as they prepare for the upcoming season.