Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Elmohamady helps Hull City to friendly win against Nottingham Forest
Egypt international Ahmed Elmohamady registered an assist as Hull City beat Nottingham Forest 2-1 in a preseason friendly at City Ground.
Hull City – currently managed by caretaker Mike Phelan – took the lead through Adama Diamonde in the 6th minute; the Norwegian striker met Mo Diame’s cross with a right-footed finish into the bottom corner.
11 minutes later, Diamonde added his second goal, as he headed home from an Elmohamady cross.
Forest had their best chance of the half 23 minutes in, as Ben Osborne tried a powerful shot from 25 yards but Hull’s Jakupovic cleared to maintain the two-goal advantage.
In the second half, Diame missed the chance to score Hull’s third goal, as he beat three Forest defenders before seeing his weak shot easily saved.
In the 85th minute, Elmohamady’s night came to an end as he was replaced by the youngster Greg Olley.
Two minutes later, Forest pulled one back through Oliver Burke, who ran through on goal and finished well.
Forest almost got an equalizer in the 89th minute, but the danger was cleared in the six-yard box before the final whistle sounded to announce a Hull win.
The Tigers will travel to Austria on Tuesday where they will face Turkish side Caykur Rizespor before playing their final preseason match against Torino.