KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Mido talks about Salah, Totti, tactics in interview with former club Roma
Mido, the first Egyptian footballer to play for AS Roma, spoke to his former club in an interview that covered many different topics ranging from his time with the club to the upcoming season.
AS Roma gathered questions by their fans for Ahmed Hossan ‘Mido’ and got the former Egyptian striker to answer them. Mido spent only two years at Roma but spoke highly of his time there.
“Despite the short time I spent in Rome, I made friends with very eminent persons and I was lucky to play with great players in Rome.” He recalled Mexes and two other players as being teammates closest to him. “Mexes and Aquilani and Oliver Dacourt were closest to me at that time.”
He was asked about the challenges he faced. “I was very young when I came to Roma. There was very tough competition for the striker. There was Montella and Cassano and Delvecchio, and Totti also wanted to play striker position.”
But his charisma helped him overcome them and settle, “Personality is something that generates it. I was never afraid of competition and major events. My first official international match with the Egyptian team was in front of 100,000 fans in Cairo Stadium and I was the best player in that game.”
Having played alongside Italian legend Francesco Totti, Mido had only nice things to say about him. “Totti is one of the best characters that I met all my life and I wish that I played alongside him longer. I wish him all the best and to be a good season free from Injury and I wish him a happy life.”
Totti is not the only player he showered with praise, “Salah does not need the advice, he is a great player. What I would say to him is to not leave Rome, to continue in this team as long as possible.” The former Zamalek coach also have his opinion on how to get the best out of AS Roma, “4-3-3 is the best way for Roma. This season with Strootman, Nainggolan and De Rossi will make the midfielde very strong.”
Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ played for AS Roma between 2004 and 2006 before, super agent; Mino Raiola got him a move to Tottenham Hotspurs. Mido is currently a technical advisor for Lierse S.K.