Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ said in recent comments that during his professional career...
- Mido: I’ve should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
Sobhi’s got undoubted quality and potential – Stoke CEO
Stoke City CEO Tony Scholes was full of praise for Ramadan Sobhi, after sealing a £5m deal with Egyptian League Champions Al-Ahly to land the winger’s signature.
He’s got undoubted talent,” said Scholes. “I’m sure a lot of supporters will have looked on YouTube and just by watching that you can see what talent he’s got.
“But he’s got more than the tricks. He’s a player that’s represented Egypt since he was 18, an international team in the top 50 in the world. The only games he’s missed have been because of injury or exams, which says something about his age. He’s got undoubted quality and undoubted potential.”
“The only note of caution I would put is that he’s a 19-year-old coming from another country. We need to be careful we don’t expect too much too soon, but there’s an excitement there as well”, Scholes added.
Sobhi made his Ahly debut aged 16 and has gone on to make 71 appearances for the club, winning two league titles & was reportedly on the radar of numerous European clubs, including Arsenal, Fiorentina & AC Milan.