KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
OFFICIAL: Baba Rahman joins FC Schalke on loan
Chelsea’s Abdul Rahman – known as Baba Rahman – has joined Bundesliga side FC Schalke on a season-long loan deal.
The Ghanaian international traveled from the United States, where Chelsea is having its pre-season tour, to Germany to undergo a medical and sign his contract.
Rahman, who started his senior career in local side Asante Kotoko SC, joined Chelsea from FC Augsburg last August in a five-year deal. However, he failed to make a big impact with the English side, playing just 15 games in the Premier League last season. Thus, the left back will have a chance for more consistent first team football in the Bundesliga with Schalke.
Rahman has 15 international caps and was a member of the Ghanaian National Team that finished second in 2015 African Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea.