AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
OFFICIAL: Baba Rahman joins FC Schalke on loan
Chelsea’s Abdul Rahman – known as Baba Rahman – has joined Bundesliga side FC Schalke on a season-long loan deal.
The Ghanaian international traveled from the United States, where Chelsea is having its pre-season tour, to Germany to undergo a medical and sign his contract.
Rahman, who started his senior career in local side Asante Kotoko SC, joined Chelsea from FC Augsburg last August in a five-year deal. However, he failed to make a big impact with the English side, playing just 15 games in the Premier League last season. Thus, the left back will have a chance for more consistent first team football in the Bundesliga with Schalke.
Rahman has 15 international caps and was a member of the Ghanaian National Team that finished second in 2015 African Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea.