Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
OFFICIAL: Baba Rahman joins FC Schalke on loan
Chelsea’s Abdul Rahman – known as Baba Rahman – has joined Bundesliga side FC Schalke on a season-long loan deal.
The Ghanaian international traveled from the United States, where Chelsea is having its pre-season tour, to Germany to undergo a medical and sign his contract.
Rahman, who started his senior career in local side Asante Kotoko SC, joined Chelsea from FC Augsburg last August in a five-year deal. However, he failed to make a big impact with the English side, playing just 15 games in the Premier League last season. Thus, the left back will have a chance for more consistent first team football in the Bundesliga with Schalke.
Rahman has 15 international caps and was a member of the Ghanaian National Team that finished second in 2015 African Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea.