Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
Egyptian weightlifter Mohamed Ehsan out of Rio 2016
It is confirmed that Egyptian champion, Mohamed Ehsan won’t be participating in the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro which will start on the 5th of August due to injury.
As confirmed by the national team coach, Khaled Kurani, Ehsan, who won the bronze medal at the World Championships two years ago, failed to recover from injury in time for the Games and will be joining the list of Egyptian athletes who will miss the leading international sporting event.
“He failed to recover from injury in time for the Games after battling it for three months,” Kurani told reporters late on Thursday.
Ehsan was already in Rio to attend the games as there were high hopes for him to win an Olympic medal specially that he won the bronze medal at the World Championship in Kazakhstan in 2014. He is now returning to Cairo.
“I thank God for everything and I hope the remaining Egyptian athletes can win medals and make us proud,” Ehsan wrote on his Facebook profile.
The weightlifter will join hammer thrower Mostafa El-Gamel who was ruled out recently due to a knee ligament injury and Javelin thrower Ihab Abdel-Rahman after being suspended due to doping accusations from the International Olympic Committee.