Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
Egyptian weightlifter Mohamed Ehsan out of Rio 2016
It is confirmed that Egyptian champion, Mohamed Ehsan won’t be participating in the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro which will start on the 5th of August due to injury.
As confirmed by the national team coach, Khaled Kurani, Ehsan, who won the bronze medal at the World Championships two years ago, failed to recover from injury in time for the Games and will be joining the list of Egyptian athletes who will miss the leading international sporting event.
“He failed to recover from injury in time for the Games after battling it for three months,” Kurani told reporters late on Thursday.
Ehsan was already in Rio to attend the games as there were high hopes for him to win an Olympic medal specially that he won the bronze medal at the World Championship in Kazakhstan in 2014. He is now returning to Cairo.
“I thank God for everything and I hope the remaining Egyptian athletes can win medals and make us proud,” Ehsan wrote on his Facebook profile.
The weightlifter will join hammer thrower Mostafa El-Gamel who was ruled out recently due to a knee ligament injury and Javelin thrower Ihab Abdel-Rahman after being suspended due to doping accusations from the International Olympic Committee.