Egypt’s Mohamed Safwat was knocked out of Dubai Tennis Championships from the first...
- Monfils eliminates Safwat from Dubai Tennis Championships
- Ahmed Elmohamady: Everything has changed at Hull City
- Al Ahly announce stadium for Bidvest Wits clash
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
Mohamed Magdy joins Zamalek with Tolba going the other way
Zamalek have completed the signing of defender Mohamed Magdy from Al Masry, with Tolba and Ahmed Samir going the other way, according to the club’s official website.
Magdy has put pen to paper on a five-year year contract that will keep him at the Egyptian Premier League giants until 2021. The defender joined the Whites to bolster their options after Mohamed Koffi’s departure to Iraqi side Al-Shorta.
The 23-year-old spent three years with the Port Said-based team, making over 30 league appearances as well as scoring 6 goals last season; helping them finishing fourth in the Egyptian Premier League.
As part of the deal, Zamalek’s fullbacks Hamada Tolba and Ahmed Samir will be joining Al Masry on a permanent transfer and on loan respectively.
Tolba, 34, joined Zamalek in 2012 from Misr El-Maqassa and made 48 league appearances for the Whites, helping them winning the domestic double in 2015.
Meanwhile, Tolba’s teammate Ahmed Samir, who was on loan at Ismaily last season, will join the Greens on loan until the end of the next season.
It’s worth noting that Mohamed Magdy has represented the Egyptian national team once, making his debut against Libya in a friendly game which the Pharaohs won 2-0.
The Whites finished second in the Egyptian Premier League last season and their next game will be against rivals Ismaily in the Egyptian Cup semi-finals.