Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Mohamed Magdy joins Zamalek with Tolba going the other way
Zamalek have completed the signing of defender Mohamed Magdy from Al Masry, with Tolba and Ahmed Samir going the other way, according to the club’s official website.
Magdy has put pen to paper on a five-year year contract that will keep him at the Egyptian Premier League giants until 2021. The defender joined the Whites to bolster their options after Mohamed Koffi’s departure to Iraqi side Al-Shorta.
The 23-year-old spent three years with the Port Said-based team, making over 30 league appearances as well as scoring 6 goals last season; helping them finishing fourth in the Egyptian Premier League.
As part of the deal, Zamalek’s fullbacks Hamada Tolba and Ahmed Samir will be joining Al Masry on a permanent transfer and on loan respectively.
Tolba, 34, joined Zamalek in 2012 from Misr El-Maqassa and made 48 league appearances for the Whites, helping them winning the domestic double in 2015.
Meanwhile, Tolba’s teammate Ahmed Samir, who was on loan at Ismaily last season, will join the Greens on loan until the end of the next season.
It’s worth noting that Mohamed Magdy has represented the Egyptian national team once, making his debut against Libya in a friendly game which the Pharaohs won 2-0.
The Whites finished second in the Egyptian Premier League last season and their next game will be against rivals Ismaily in the Egyptian Cup semi-finals.