Amr Warda scored his first PAOK goal in a convincing 3-1 win...
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
Mohamed Magdy joins Zamalek with Tolba going the other way
Zamalek have completed the signing of defender Mohamed Magdy from Al Masry, with Tolba and Ahmed Samir going the other way, according to the club’s official website.
Magdy has put pen to paper on a five-year year contract that will keep him at the Egyptian Premier League giants until 2021. The defender joined the Whites to bolster their options after Mohamed Koffi’s departure to Iraqi side Al-Shorta.
The 23-year-old spent three years with the Port Said-based team, making over 30 league appearances as well as scoring 6 goals last season; helping them finishing fourth in the Egyptian Premier League.
As part of the deal, Zamalek’s fullbacks Hamada Tolba and Ahmed Samir will be joining Al Masry on a permanent transfer and on loan respectively.
Tolba, 34, joined Zamalek in 2012 from Misr El-Maqassa and made 48 league appearances for the Whites, helping them winning the domestic double in 2015.
Meanwhile, Tolba’s teammate Ahmed Samir, who was on loan at Ismaily last season, will join the Greens on loan until the end of the next season.
It’s worth noting that Mohamed Magdy has represented the Egyptian national team once, making his debut against Libya in a friendly game which the Pharaohs won 2-0.
The Whites finished second in the Egyptian Premier League last season and their next game will be against rivals Ismaily in the Egyptian Cup semi-finals.