Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
VIDEO: Al Ahly cruise past Smouha to reach Egypt Cup semi-final
A goal from defender Saad Samir took Al Ahly into Egypt Cup semi-final after a 1-0 victory over Smouha in the quarter-final on Monday.
Seven minutes into the game, Al Ahly were awarded a free-kick near the edge of the box, but Walid Soliman’s shot was diverted into a corner by Smouha’s defense.
Minutes after the half-hour mark, Al Ahly were awarded another free-kick yet Soliman wasted it, as he sent the ball over the bar.
Two minutes to the break, Momen Zakaria sent a cross to Amr Gamal, but the striker’s shot was deflected to a corner.
As Al Ahly forwards continued to miss scoring chances, defender Saad Samir gave the Red Castle the lead just before half time as he headed Fathi’s corner past Smouha’s keeper.
The Alexandria-based club were close to score an equaliser one minute after the second half kicked off, as Mahmoud Sayed header went inches away from Ahmed Adel Abdel-Moneim’s post.
Five minutes into the second half, Momen Zakaria missed a chance to double his side’s lead as he went one-on-one with Smouha keeper El-Mahdi Soliman who managed to clear the ball.
Zakaria continued to waste chances as he went one-on-one with Soliman again but failed to control the ball under the pressure from Sayed Farid.
In the 74th minute, the referee awarded Smouha a free-kick close to the penalty area but Ahmed Nabil Manga’s shot went over the bar. Few minutes later, Islam Mohareb had a left-footed attempt that was diverted by Abdel-Moneim into a corner.
The referee signalled four minutes of stoppage time, in which Al Ahly managed to maintain their 1-0 lead and qualify to face ENPPI in the semi-final on Thursday.