AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Congolese keeper dies in canoeing accident in France
The keeper, who played for French fifth division club Olympique Alès, was with his teammates in a canoeing trip at the River Ardèche when he jumped into the river before sinking to the bottom as the emergency crew failed to rescue him, according to French media reports.
The canoeing trip was a pre-season activity organised by the French club in preparation for the new season.
The club made an official statement to pay tribute to Malonga saying that he was a talented goalkeeper who was always ready to help and give valuable advice to younger players.
Malonga made his debut for Congo national team in 2009 when he played in a friendly against Angola, which recorded his only international appearance.