Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Congolese keeper dies in canoeing accident in France
The keeper, who played for French fifth division club Olympique Alès, was with his teammates in a canoeing trip at the River Ardèche when he jumped into the river before sinking to the bottom as the emergency crew failed to rescue him, according to French media reports.
The canoeing trip was a pre-season activity organised by the French club in preparation for the new season.
The club made an official statement to pay tribute to Malonga saying that he was a talented goalkeeper who was always ready to help and give valuable advice to younger players.
Malonga made his debut for Congo national team in 2009 when he played in a friendly against Angola, which recorded his only international appearance.