Sam Morsy was an unused substitute as Wigan Athletic were unable to...
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
- Al Hilal crowned league champions over Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli, Kahraba’s Ittihad
Basketball: Egypt settle for silver at Africa U18 Championship
The Angolan side finished the first quarter with a 25-16 lead, before the Egyptians reduced the deficit to 41-40 at half time.
The Egyptians led by three points in the third quarter while the fourth quarter tied at 77, which forced a five-minute extra-time to determine the winner.
The reigning champions, who beat Tunisia in the final last year, failed to win during the extra time, settling for the silver medal. Mali clinched the third place after beating Tunisia 59-52.
The Pharaohs reached the final after beating Mali 77-74 in the semi-final. Sunday’s defeat recorded Egypt’s second loss to Angola during the championship after suffering an 84-65 loss in the final game of the group stage.
Egypt, along Angola and Mali, will represent the African continent in the 2017 FIBA U19 World Championship, which is set to be held in Cairo.