Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Basketball: Egypt settle for silver at Africa U18 Championship
The Angolan side finished the first quarter with a 25-16 lead, before the Egyptians reduced the deficit to 41-40 at half time.
The Egyptians led by three points in the third quarter while the fourth quarter tied at 77, which forced a five-minute extra-time to determine the winner.
The reigning champions, who beat Tunisia in the final last year, failed to win during the extra time, settling for the silver medal. Mali clinched the third place after beating Tunisia 59-52.
The Pharaohs reached the final after beating Mali 77-74 in the semi-final. Sunday’s defeat recorded Egypt’s second loss to Angola during the championship after suffering an 84-65 loss in the final game of the group stage.
Egypt, along Angola and Mali, will represent the African continent in the 2017 FIBA U19 World Championship, which is set to be held in Cairo.