Egyptian locals national team and Hany Ramzy face a tough period ahead as...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Basketball: Egypt settle for silver at Africa U18 Championship
The Angolan side finished the first quarter with a 25-16 lead, before the Egyptians reduced the deficit to 41-40 at half time.
The Egyptians led by three points in the third quarter while the fourth quarter tied at 77, which forced a five-minute extra-time to determine the winner.
The reigning champions, who beat Tunisia in the final last year, failed to win during the extra time, settling for the silver medal. Mali clinched the third place after beating Tunisia 59-52.
The Pharaohs reached the final after beating Mali 77-74 in the semi-final. Sunday’s defeat recorded Egypt’s second loss to Angola during the championship after suffering an 84-65 loss in the final game of the group stage.
Egypt, along Angola and Mali, will represent the African continent in the 2017 FIBA U19 World Championship, which is set to be held in Cairo.