Egypt’s Amr Warda has been voted as PAOK’s best player as he...
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
Basketball: Egypt settle for silver at Africa U18 Championship
The Angolan side finished the first quarter with a 25-16 lead, before the Egyptians reduced the deficit to 41-40 at half time.
The Egyptians led by three points in the third quarter while the fourth quarter tied at 77, which forced a five-minute extra-time to determine the winner.
The reigning champions, who beat Tunisia in the final last year, failed to win during the extra time, settling for the silver medal. Mali clinched the third place after beating Tunisia 59-52.
The Pharaohs reached the final after beating Mali 77-74 in the semi-final. Sunday’s defeat recorded Egypt’s second loss to Angola during the championship after suffering an 84-65 loss in the final game of the group stage.
Egypt, along Angola and Mali, will represent the African continent in the 2017 FIBA U19 World Championship, which is set to be held in Cairo.