Egypt beach soccer team manager Ahmed Abdel-Razek announced the squad travelling to...
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- The Scout: An Egyptian talent that joined ISIS
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
Basketball: Egypt settle for silver at Africa U18 Championship
The Angolan side finished the first quarter with a 25-16 lead, before the Egyptians reduced the deficit to 41-40 at half time.
The Egyptians led by three points in the third quarter while the fourth quarter tied at 77, which forced a five-minute extra-time to determine the winner.
The reigning champions, who beat Tunisia in the final last year, failed to win during the extra time, settling for the silver medal. Mali clinched the third place after beating Tunisia 59-52.
The Pharaohs reached the final after beating Mali 77-74 in the semi-final. Sunday’s defeat recorded Egypt’s second loss to Angola during the championship after suffering an 84-65 loss in the final game of the group stage.
Egypt, along Angola and Mali, will represent the African continent in the 2017 FIBA U19 World Championship, which is set to be held in Cairo.