Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Palermo interested in Mostafa Fathi – Report
The 22-year-old Egypt international, who has 11 goals in his 62 appearances at Zamalek, has caught the eye of Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini. According to Italian news outlet SoccerWeb24, representatives of both clubs are meeting in Austria to discuss a potential deal.
Sources state that proceeding the meeting, Palermo could make an official offer to Zamalek. With recent financial turmoil for the Italian club, they could be looking to raise Fathi’s profile in order to sell him on for a larger fee.
Fathi, who plays primarily as a right-sided winger, is also capable of playing on the left or through the middle. Fathi’s versatility is reported to be a key factor in Palermo’s interest in the player.