Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Palermo interested in Mostafa Fathi – Report
The 22-year-old Egypt international, who has 11 goals in his 62 appearances at Zamalek, has caught the eye of Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini. According to Italian news outlet SoccerWeb24, representatives of both clubs are meeting in Austria to discuss a potential deal.
Sources state that proceeding the meeting, Palermo could make an official offer to Zamalek. With recent financial turmoil for the Italian club, they could be looking to raise Fathi’s profile in order to sell him on for a larger fee.
Fathi, who plays primarily as a right-sided winger, is also capable of playing on the left or through the middle. Fathi’s versatility is reported to be a key factor in Palermo’s interest in the player.