AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Palermo interested in Mostafa Fathi – Report
The 22-year-old Egypt international, who has 11 goals in his 62 appearances at Zamalek, has caught the eye of Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini. According to Italian news outlet SoccerWeb24, representatives of both clubs are meeting in Austria to discuss a potential deal.
Sources state that proceeding the meeting, Palermo could make an official offer to Zamalek. With recent financial turmoil for the Italian club, they could be looking to raise Fathi’s profile in order to sell him on for a larger fee.
Fathi, who plays primarily as a right-sided winger, is also capable of playing on the left or through the middle. Fathi’s versatility is reported to be a key factor in Palermo’s interest in the player.