Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Official: Al Ahly sign Mido Gaber from Maqassa, El-Sheikh departs on loan
Al Ahly have officially announced the signing of attacking midfielder Mohamed ‘Mido’ Gaber on a five-year deal from Misr El-Maqassa, with Ahmed El-Sheikh heading in the opposite direction on loan.
Al Ahly announced the signing of Misr El-Maqassa’s Mido Gaber on Tuesday, as the league champions continue to strengthen their squad for next season.
The 23-year-old has attracted interest from the Cairo giants following his superb performances with the Fayoum-based side this season, especially in the CAF Confederation Cup.
Al Ahly are believed to be paying a fee in the region of 6 million EGP for Mido Gaber, with attacking midfielder Ahmed El-Sheikh heading in the opposite direction on a one-year loan deal. The Cairo giants signed El-Sheikh from Maqassa just one year ago in a reported 8.5 million EGP deal.
Gaber can play as a playmaker or on both wings, and managed to score five league goals and register nine assists with El-Maqassa this season.