Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull to host Newcastle in EFL Cup quarterfinal
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Official: Al Ahly sign Mido Gaber from Maqassa, El-Sheikh departs on loan
Al Ahly announced the signing of Misr El-Maqassa’s Mido Gaber on Tuesday, as the league champions continue to strengthen their squad for next season.
The 23-year-old has attracted interest from the Cairo giants following his superb performances with the Fayoum-based side this season, especially in the CAF Confederation Cup.
— Al Ahly SC (@AlAhly) August 2, 2016
Al Ahly are believed to be paying a fee in the region of 6 million EGP for Mido Gaber, with attacking midfielder Ahmed El-Sheikh heading in the opposite direction on a one-year loan deal. The Cairo giants signed El-Sheikh from Maqassa just one year ago in a reported 8.5 million EGP deal.
It is worth mentioning that Mido was also linked with Zamalek, with the Whites’ chairman Mortada Mansour claiming he had reached an agreement with El-Maqassa.
Gaber can play as a playmaker or on both wings, and managed to score five league goals and register nine assists with El-Maqassa this season.