Sam Morsy was an unused substitute as Wigan Athletic were unable to...
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
- Al Hilal crowned league champions over Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli, Kahraba’s Ittihad
Official: Al Ahly sign Mido Gaber from Maqassa, El-Sheikh departs on loan
Al Ahly announced the signing of Misr El-Maqassa’s Mido Gaber on Tuesday, as the league champions continue to strengthen their squad for next season.
The 23-year-old has attracted interest from the Cairo giants following his superb performances with the Fayoum-based side this season, especially in the CAF Confederation Cup.
— Al Ahly SC (@AlAhly) August 2, 2016
Al Ahly are believed to be paying a fee in the region of 6 million EGP for Mido Gaber, with attacking midfielder Ahmed El-Sheikh heading in the opposite direction on a one-year loan deal. The Cairo giants signed El-Sheikh from Maqassa just one year ago in a reported 8.5 million EGP deal.
It is worth mentioning that Mido was also linked with Zamalek, with the Whites’ chairman Mortada Mansour claiming he had reached an agreement with El-Maqassa.
Gaber can play as a playmaker or on both wings, and managed to score five league goals and register nine assists with El-Maqassa this season.