Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Salah’s goal secures friendly win for Roma against Liverpool
Luciano Spaletti’s men took on Liverpool at Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Missouri in their final friendly match of their pre-season tour of the United States.
Egypt international winger Mohamed Salah played 70 minutes and scored what turned out to be the winner before being replaced among five substitutions made by Roma manager Spaletti.
Liverpool started the game in control and possessed the ball much more than the Italian side as Sturridge came extremely close to scoring, but his chip was smartly saved by Alisson in the 15th minute.
In the 30th minute, Dzeko controlled a long ball and powered home from the edge of the box to make it 1-0 to Roma.
The Reds equalized on the stroke of the halftime after Ojo’s header found the back of the net.
Salah managed to add the second for his team in the 64th minute as he stabbed home after Dzeko’s header was saved.
— AS Roma English (@ASRomaEN) August 2, 2016
Danny Ings had a chance to make it 2-2 four minutes from time but Alisson pulled off a great save to seal the victory to the Italians.