Al Ahly coach Hossam El Badry rejected all rumors and reports saying...
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
OFFICIAL: Degla sign Youssef Obama & Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek on loan
Zamalek striker Youssef Ibrahim ‘Obama’ and midfielder Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek join Wadi Degla from the White Castle on a season-long loan.
Despite just returning from his loan spell at Ittihad of Alexandria, Zamalek decided to send Obama on loan at Degla. The 21-year-old impressed during his stint at the Alexandria-based club, scoring seven goals in 31 games to become the club’s top scorer.
Obama, a product of Zamalek’s youth team, was promoted to the first team in 2014 by then club manager Ahmed Hossam Mido.
Abdel-Khalek, 30, will also be joining Obama at Degla. The midfielder joined the White Castle from Smouha on a three-year deal during the 2015 summer transfer window and had helped Zamalek win the 2015 Egypt Cup.
The Zamalek loanee extended his contract with his parent club for two years before moving to Degla on loan.
The duo’s loan deals come at a time when Zamalek announced completing a separate deal to sign Degla’s star player Stanley Ohawuchi. The Nigerian striker, who had attracted interest from several clubs including Ittihad Jeddah and Egypt’s Al Ahly, will join Zamalek on a one-year loan with the option to extend for a further year.
Stanley has been the Egyptian Premier League’s most prolific foreign player ever since his arrival in the summer of 2014, scoring 27 goals and assisting 8 in two seasons for Wadi Degla.