Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
OFFICIAL: Chelsea announce Roma’s permanent signing of Mohamed Salah
The former Basel star spent last season on loan at AS Roma where he found himself a key player for the capital club, following a brief and difficult spell with Chelsea FC.
The AS Roma forward went on to complete the Serie A season as Roma’s top scorer with 15 goals and 9 assists, leading to him being chosen in the Serie A Team of the Year.
This prompted Roma to activate the option to buy clause ahead of the 2016/17 season, which is reported to be worth €15 million, which became obligatory once Salah reached a certain number of appearances with the Giallorossi.
It is worth mentioning Roma had previously announced the acquisition of Salah outright from Chelsea on a permanent basis last October following a fine start with the club, but Chelsea have only confirmed today.
— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) August 3, 2016
Salah signed for Chelsea from Basel in January 2014 for a fee in the region of £11 million. The Egyptian international made his debut for the Blues against Newcastle at Stamford Bridge and scored his first goal against Arsenal in the 6-0 thumping of the Gunners back in 2015. Overall, Salah made 19 appearances for Chelsea, scoring two goals.