Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
OFFICIAL: Chelsea announce Roma’s permanent signing of Mohamed Salah
The former Basel star spent last season on loan at AS Roma where he found himself a key player for the capital club, following a brief and difficult spell with Chelsea FC.
The AS Roma forward went on to complete the Serie A season as Roma’s top scorer with 15 goals and 9 assists, leading to him being chosen in the Serie A Team of the Year.
This prompted Roma to activate the option to buy clause ahead of the 2016/17 season, which is reported to be worth €15 million, which became obligatory once Salah reached a certain number of appearances with the Giallorossi.
It is worth mentioning Roma had previously announced the acquisition of Salah outright from Chelsea on a permanent basis last October following a fine start with the club, but Chelsea have only confirmed today.
— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) August 3, 2016
Salah signed for Chelsea from Basel in January 2014 for a fee in the region of £11 million. The Egyptian international made his debut for the Blues against Newcastle at Stamford Bridge and scored his first goal against Arsenal in the 6-0 thumping of the Gunners back in 2015. Overall, Salah made 19 appearances for Chelsea, scoring two goals.