In an intensive interview with France Football Magazine, Mohamed Salah reflected on...
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
OFFICIAL: Chelsea announce Roma’s permanent signing of Mohamed Salah
The former Basel star spent last season on loan at AS Roma where he found himself a key player for the capital club, following a brief and difficult spell with Chelsea FC.
The AS Roma forward went on to complete the Serie A season as Roma’s top scorer with 15 goals and 9 assists, leading to him being chosen in the Serie A Team of the Year.
This prompted Roma to activate the option to buy clause ahead of the 2016/17 season, which is reported to be worth €15 million, which became obligatory once Salah reached a certain number of appearances with the Giallorossi.
It is worth mentioning Roma had previously announced the acquisition of Salah outright from Chelsea on a permanent basis last October following a fine start with the club, but Chelsea have only confirmed today.
— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) August 3, 2016
Salah signed for Chelsea from Basel in January 2014 for a fee in the region of £11 million. The Egyptian international made his debut for the Blues against Newcastle at Stamford Bridge and scored his first goal against Arsenal in the 6-0 thumping of the Gunners back in 2015. Overall, Salah made 19 appearances for Chelsea, scoring two goals.