Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
OFFICIAL: Chelsea announce Roma’s permanent signing of Mohamed Salah
The former Basel star spent last season on loan at AS Roma where he found himself a key player for the capital club, following a brief and difficult spell with Chelsea FC.
The AS Roma forward went on to complete the Serie A season as Roma’s top scorer with 15 goals and 9 assists, leading to him being chosen in the Serie A Team of the Year.
This prompted Roma to activate the option to buy clause ahead of the 2016/17 season, which is reported to be worth €15 million, which became obligatory once Salah reached a certain number of appearances with the Giallorossi.
It is worth mentioning Roma had previously announced the acquisition of Salah outright from Chelsea on a permanent basis last October following a fine start with the club, but Chelsea have only confirmed today.
— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) August 3, 2016
Salah signed for Chelsea from Basel in January 2014 for a fee in the region of £11 million. The Egyptian international made his debut for the Blues against Newcastle at Stamford Bridge and scored his first goal against Arsenal in the 6-0 thumping of the Gunners back in 2015. Overall, Salah made 19 appearances for Chelsea, scoring two goals.