Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
OFFICIAL: Chelsea announce Roma’s permanent signing of Mohamed Salah
The former Basel star spent last season on loan at AS Roma where he found himself a key player for the capital club, following a brief and difficult spell with Chelsea FC.
The AS Roma forward went on to complete the Serie A season as Roma’s top scorer with 15 goals and 9 assists, leading to him being chosen in the Serie A Team of the Year.
This prompted Roma to activate the option to buy clause ahead of the 2016/17 season, which is reported to be worth €15 million, which became obligatory once Salah reached a certain number of appearances with the Giallorossi.
It is worth mentioning Roma had previously announced the acquisition of Salah outright from Chelsea on a permanent basis last October following a fine start with the club, but Chelsea have only confirmed today.
— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) August 3, 2016
Salah signed for Chelsea from Basel in January 2014 for a fee in the region of £11 million. The Egyptian international made his debut for the Blues against Newcastle at Stamford Bridge and scored his first goal against Arsenal in the 6-0 thumping of the Gunners back in 2015. Overall, Salah made 19 appearances for Chelsea, scoring two goals.