Egypt beat Uganda in the second round of Group D, however, they...
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
New signings feature in Zamalek squad for Egypt Cup semi-final
Zamalek’s interim manager Momen Soliman has announced the team’s squad that will face Ismaily in the semi-final of Egypt Cup on Wednesday.
Soliman was appointed by Zamalek SC as an interim manager, replacing Mohamed Helmy who resigned following the defeat against Sundowns in CAF Champions League group stage.
Zamalek reached the semi-final after beating Ittihad of Alexandria in the quarterfinal thanks to goals from Shikabala and Bassem Morsy.
The interim manager has named 22 players in the squad for his first game in charge.
The squad includes Shawky El-Said and Ahmed Gaafar for the first time after joining the club from Wadi Degla and Smouha, respectively. Mohamed Nassef and Osama Ibrahim are featured in the squad, as well, after joining the club from ENPPI.
The squad has also registered the first listing of former Misr El-Maqassa player Mahmoud Dunga and Ibrahim Salah, who returns to Zamalek after the end of his loan at Smouha.
Goalkeepers: Ahmed El-Shennawy, Omar Salah.
Defenders: Ahmed Dweidar, Ali Gabr, Shawky El-Said, Islam Gamal, Mohamed Nassef, Osama Ibrahim, Ramzy Khaled, Ali Fathi, Hosny Fathi.
Midfielders: Moruf Yusuf, Mahmoud Dunga, Ahmed Tawfik, Mostafa Fathi, Ayman Hefny, Mahmoud Shikabala, Ibrahim Salah, Tarek Hamed.
Strikers: Bassem Morsy, Emmanuel Mayuka, Ahmed Gaafar.
Zamalek SC and Ismaily will face each other on Wednesday at 20:30 CLT as both teams seek their place in the final to face the winner of Al Ahly SC and ENPPI.