Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Adel Abdel-Rahman’s Al-Batin promoted to Saudi Pro League
After finishing third in the Saudi first division, Al-Batin lost the promotion playoff against Al-Raed who finished 12th in the Saudi Professional League last season 5-3 on aggregate.
However, members of the Saudi Arabian Football Federation (SAFF) have today agreed on the relegation of league champions Al-Mojzel to the second division, as they have been accused of match-fixing, after their appeal was refused by the responsible committee.
The decision means that Al-Batin were given the second promotion spot to the Professional League, while the first spot was given to Al-Ittifaq who finished second in the league last season.
It worth a mention that the former Egyptian International was appointed as Al Batin manager last June following a dispute with the board of Ittihad Jeddah.