Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Adel Abdel-Rahman’s Al-Batin promoted to Saudi Pro League
After finishing third in the Saudi first division, Al-Batin lost the promotion playoff against Al-Raed who finished 12th in the Saudi Professional League last season 5-3 on aggregate.
However, members of the Saudi Arabian Football Federation (SAFF) have today agreed on the relegation of league champions Al-Mojzel to the second division, as they have been accused of match-fixing, after their appeal was refused by the responsible committee.
The decision means that Al-Batin were given the second promotion spot to the Professional League, while the first spot was given to Al-Ittifaq who finished second in the league last season.
It worth a mention that the former Egyptian International was appointed as Al Batin manager last June following a dispute with the board of Ittihad Jeddah.