Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Adel Abdel-Rahman’s Al-Batin promoted to Saudi Pro League
After finishing third in the Saudi first division, Al-Batin lost the promotion playoff against Al-Raed who finished 12th in the Saudi Professional League last season 5-3 on aggregate.
However, members of the Saudi Arabian Football Federation (SAFF) have today agreed on the relegation of league champions Al-Mojzel to the second division, as they have been accused of match-fixing, after their appeal was refused by the responsible committee.
The decision means that Al-Batin were given the second promotion spot to the Professional League, while the first spot was given to Al-Ittifaq who finished second in the league last season.
It worth a mention that the former Egyptian International was appointed as Al Batin manager last June following a dispute with the board of Ittihad Jeddah.