Egyptian locals national team and Hany Ramzy face a tough period ahead as...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Adel Abdel-Rahman’s Al-Batin promoted to Saudi Pro League
After finishing third in the Saudi first division, Al-Batin lost the promotion playoff against Al-Raed who finished 12th in the Saudi Professional League last season 5-3 on aggregate.
However, members of the Saudi Arabian Football Federation (SAFF) have today agreed on the relegation of league champions Al-Mojzel to the second division, as they have been accused of match-fixing, after their appeal was refused by the responsible committee.
The decision means that Al-Batin were given the second promotion spot to the Professional League, while the first spot was given to Al-Ittifaq who finished second in the league last season.
It worth a mention that the former Egyptian International was appointed as Al Batin manager last June following a dispute with the board of Ittihad Jeddah.