Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
OFFICIAL: Mohamed Diame joins Newcastle United
Diame signed a three-year contract with Newcastle after they activated the release clause in his contract with Hull City. The midfielder was said to be offered a new deal at the Tigers but it was turned down by the player.
The transfer put an end to Diame’s two-season journey with Hull City after joining the club in 2014 from West Ham, playing a big role in the club’s promotion this year scoring the winning goal at the championship playoff final against Sheffield Wednesday.
He has made 58 appearances with The Tigers scoring 14 goals during his stay with the club.
“It is a great feeling to be a Newcastle player. Everybody close to me knows how desperate I am to play in the Premier League again, but when Newcastle comes in for you it makes you think,” Diame said in his press conference.
“I am looking to the future. Newcastle is a big name, a massive club and will be back in the Premier League for sure,” Diame expressed.
The 29-year-old started his career at French side RC Lens, before moving to Spain with CD Linares and Rayo Vallecano. In England, Diame has represented Wigan Athletic, West Ham and Hull City.