The fixtures for the U-20 Africa Cup of Nations, which is set...
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
OFFICIAL: Mohamed Diame joins Newcastle United
Diame signed a three-year contract with Newcastle after they activated the release clause in his contract with Hull City. The midfielder was said to be offered a new deal at the Tigers but it was turned down by the player.
The transfer put an end to Diame’s two-season journey with Hull City after joining the club in 2014 from West Ham, playing a big role in the club’s promotion this year scoring the winning goal at the championship playoff final against Sheffield Wednesday.
He has made 58 appearances with The Tigers scoring 14 goals during his stay with the club.
“It is a great feeling to be a Newcastle player. Everybody close to me knows how desperate I am to play in the Premier League again, but when Newcastle comes in for you it makes you think,” Diame said in his press conference.
“I am looking to the future. Newcastle is a big name, a massive club and will be back in the Premier League for sure,” Diame expressed.
The 29-year-old started his career at French side RC Lens, before moving to Spain with CD Linares and Rayo Vallecano. In England, Diame has represented Wigan Athletic, West Ham and Hull City.