Mohamed Elneny came off the bench for Arsenal, while Omar Gaber was...
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
OFFICIAL: Mohamed Diame joins Newcastle United
Diame signed a three-year contract with Newcastle after they activated the release clause in his contract with Hull City. The midfielder was said to be offered a new deal at the Tigers but it was turned down by the player.
The transfer put an end to Diame’s two-season journey with Hull City after joining the club in 2014 from West Ham, playing a big role in the club’s promotion this year scoring the winning goal at the championship playoff final against Sheffield Wednesday.
He has made 58 appearances with The Tigers scoring 14 goals during his stay with the club.
“It is a great feeling to be a Newcastle player. Everybody close to me knows how desperate I am to play in the Premier League again, but when Newcastle comes in for you it makes you think,” Diame said in his press conference.
“I am looking to the future. Newcastle is a big name, a massive club and will be back in the Premier League for sure,” Diame expressed.
The 29-year-old started his career at French side RC Lens, before moving to Spain with CD Linares and Rayo Vallecano. In England, Diame has represented Wigan Athletic, West Ham and Hull City.