Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Salah assists as Roma beat Montreal Impact in friendly
Mohamed Salah started in Roma’s pre-season friendly at the Saputo Stadium in Montreal and assisted the final goal as the Gillarossi would see out a 2-0 win over the Canadian side.
The match began with immediate impact from Roma, with Edin Dzeko opening the scoring in the 7th minute.
Didier Drogba’s side struggled to have any impact throughout the first half as Roma put them behind another goal, with Salah assisting Radja Nainggolan to make it 2-0 for the Italian side.
This would be Mohamed Salah’s first assist to add to his three goals in Roma’s pre-season campaign thus far, with two goals against Pinzolo and one against Liverpool.
The second half ended quietly with the score remaining 2-0 up and Roma sealing their third win out of four friendlies.
Roma’s next match is against Udinese in Serie A, on Saturday August 20th.