Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
Zamalek thrash Ismaily to reach Egypt Cup final
Ismaily have started the game well with their first chance coming for them in the 20th minute after an accurate shot from Ahmed Gamal from outside the box hit the post of Ahmed El-Shennawy’s goal.
Zamalek came close to opening the score around the 30th minute after Bassem Morsy’s header was greatly saved by Ismaily goalkeeper Mohamed Awad.
Two minutes into the second half, Shikabala was close to make it 1-0 for the White Castle after receiving a pass from Ayman Hefny and sent a shot that was saved by Awad.
First Zamalek goal came three minutes later after Ayman Hefny after a Zamalek cross inside the box was poorly cleared from Ismaily defense to reach the 30-year-old playmaker to launch a shot with the outside of his boot into the top right corner and give Zamalek the lead.
Later in the half, Bassem Morsy doubled Zamalek’s lead after a smart through pass from Ayman Hefny put him one-on-one with Awad for the striker to finish the ball well in the back of the net.
Morsy scored his second of the night and third for Zamalek after great work from Ali Gabr who made a brilliant run before squaring the ball to Morsy who tapped in the open net.
In the 86th minute Zamalek earned a penalty that was converted by Zambia’s Emmanuel Mayuka to make it for 4-0 for the Whites.