Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Al Ahly complete signing of Ajayi from Sfaxien
The 20-year-old becomes Al Ahly’s fifth signing of the summer window, after Mohamed El-Shenawy, Marwan Mohsen, Ali Maaloul and Mido Gaber.
The Nigerian international started his career in Nigerian side 36 Lion FC, before joining CS Sfaxien last summer for an undisclosed fee.
Ajayi scored 10 goals and provided 7 assists in 28 league games for the Tunisian club, helping them finishing third in the domestic league.
The player will join the Egyptian Premier League champions after this summer’s Olympic Games, as he is currently representing the Super Eagles in the 2016 Olympic Games in Brazil.
It’s worth mentioning that Ajayi wasn’t Al Ahly’s main target as they were waiting for a bigger name, but he turned down their offer.