A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
VIDEO: Elneny assists as Arsenal put 8 past Viking
The midfielder started the game in a double midfield pivot with Francis Coquelin and just behind Santi Cazorla and was very active throughout the match.
Elneny moved around the pitch and distributed the ball well. He also went very close to scoring with a powerful glancing header if not for a brilliant save by the goalkeeper.
In an almost identical move just minutes later, Elneny glanced the ball with his head off a corner but Joel Campbell got the final touch just as it seemed it was on its way into the net.
In the second half Arsenal ran away with the scoreline adding seven more goals including two from Nigerian winger Alex Iwobi. He made way for young American Gedion Zelalem at the 70th minute.
Elneny will be hoping to play further part in their last pre-season match against Manchester City on Sunday in preperation for the Premier League opener against Liverpool on Sunday, August 14th.