Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
VIDEO: Elneny assists as Arsenal put 8 past Viking
The midfielder started the game in a double midfield pivot with Francis Coquelin and just behind Santi Cazorla and was very active throughout the match.
Elneny moved around the pitch and distributed the ball well. He also went very close to scoring with a powerful glancing header if not for a brilliant save by the goalkeeper.
In an almost identical move just minutes later, Elneny glanced the ball with his head off a corner but Joel Campbell got the final touch just as it seemed it was on its way into the net.
In the second half Arsenal ran away with the scoreline adding seven more goals including two from Nigerian winger Alex Iwobi. He made way for young American Gedion Zelalem at the 70th minute.
Elneny will be hoping to play further part in their last pre-season match against Manchester City on Sunday in preperation for the Premier League opener against Liverpool on Sunday, August 14th.