Egypt international Omar Gaber played 70 minutes as Basel claimed a 2-2...
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
VIDEO: Elneny assists as Arsenal put 8 past Viking
The midfielder started the game in a double midfield pivot with Francis Coquelin and just behind Santi Cazorla and was very active throughout the match.
Elneny moved around the pitch and distributed the ball well. He also went very close to scoring with a powerful glancing header if not for a brilliant save by the goalkeeper.
In an almost identical move just minutes later, Elneny glanced the ball with his head off a corner but Joel Campbell got the final touch just as it seemed it was on its way into the net.
In the second half Arsenal ran away with the scoreline adding seven more goals including two from Nigerian winger Alex Iwobi. He made way for young American Gedion Zelalem at the 70th minute.
Elneny will be hoping to play further part in their last pre-season match against Manchester City on Sunday in preperation for the Premier League opener against Liverpool on Sunday, August 14th.