Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Rio 2016: Abdel-Khalek El-Banna advances to rowing quarter-finals
Abdel-Khalek scored 7 minutes and 34 seconds in the first round of rowing qualifiers to finish in third place.
El-Banna came behind Croatian Martin Damir – second place clocking 7 minutes and 23 seconds – and Norwegian Nils Jakob Hoff – first place clocking 7 minutes and 17 seconds to win Heat 6 in men’s single sculls.
Egypt’s Nadia Negm also managed to qualify to the women’s single scull quarter-finals as well, with both her and El-Banna set to feature again next Tuesday, the 9th of August.