Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger made a round up on the team’s injured...
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
- Anderlecht coach: Trezeguet is developing well away from the spotlight
VIDEO: Lierse draw first league match of the season
Eric Van Meir’s men started their campaign in the Belgian First Division B league with an away draw against KSV Roeselare 2-2 on Friday.
Meir chose to start former Misr Al-Maqassa player Amr Barakat on the left wing and kept Egypt international Dodo El-Gabbas on the bench.
The visitors had scored first after they awarded a free-kick in the 30th minute and was curled in by Weuts into the far corner but Roeselare managed to equalized right before the half time mark from a corner kick that was mistakenly held from visitors goalkeeper Vanhamel with Kehli scoring his chance.
The hosts started the second half looking for the winner and so they pressured Lierse in their area. Lierse were playing on the counter until the referee awarded KSV Roeselare a penalty in 61st minute that was translated successfully into goal by Brewers.
>Eric Van Meir made three offensive changes to try to score the equalizer by bring on Dodo El-Gabbas for Buysens in the 83rd minute while he took off Amr Barakat to bring on Masika. His plans succeeded as Lierse managed to score a goal in 94th minute by Joachium after an assist from goalkeeper Vanhamel.