Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull to host Newcastle in EFL Cup quarterfinal
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
VIDEO: Lierse draw first league match of the season
Eric Van Meir’s men started their campaign in the Belgian First Division B league with an away draw against KSV Roeselare 2-2 on Friday.
Meir chose to start former Misr Al-Maqassa player Amr Barakat on the left wing and kept Egypt international Dodo El-Gabbas on the bench.
The visitors had scored first after they awarded a free-kick in the 30th minute and was curled in by Weuts into the far corner but Roeselare managed to equalized right before the half time mark from a corner kick that was mistakenly held from visitors goalkeeper Vanhamel with Kehli scoring his chance.
The hosts started the second half looking for the winner and so they pressured Lierse in their area. Lierse were playing on the counter until the referee awarded KSV Roeselare a penalty in 61st minute that was translated successfully into goal by Brewers.
>Eric Van Meir made three offensive changes to try to score the equalizer by bring on Dodo El-Gabbas for Buysens in the 83rd minute while he took off Amr Barakat to bring on Masika. His plans succeeded as Lierse managed to score a goal in 94th minute by Joachium after an assist from goalkeeper Vanhamel.