Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
VIDEO: Lierse draw first league match of the season
Eric Van Meir’s men started their campaign in the Belgian First Division B league with an away draw against KSV Roeselare 2-2 on Friday.
Meir chose to start former Misr Al-Maqassa player Amr Barakat on the left wing and kept Egypt international Dodo El-Gabbas on the bench.
The visitors had scored first after they awarded a free-kick in the 30th minute and was curled in by Weuts into the far corner but Roeselare managed to equalized right before the half time mark from a corner kick that was mistakenly held from visitors goalkeeper Vanhamel with Kehli scoring his chance.
The hosts started the second half looking for the winner and so they pressured Lierse in their area. Lierse were playing on the counter until the referee awarded KSV Roeselare a penalty in 61st minute that was translated successfully into goal by Brewers.
>Eric Van Meir made three offensive changes to try to score the equalizer by bring on Dodo El-Gabbas for Buysens in the 83rd minute while he took off Amr Barakat to bring on Masika. His plans succeeded as Lierse managed to score a goal in 94th minute by Joachium after an assist from goalkeeper Vanhamel.