Al Ahly football director and former player Sayed Abdel-Hafiz spoke about his...
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
Rio 2016: Nadia Negm advances to rowing quarter-finals
Nadia Negm finished with a time of 9:14.55 and advanced to the quarter-finals in the women’s single sculls competition. The top three in each heat advanced. Nadia finished third in heat three; behind Sanita Puspure (Ireland) and Carling Zeeman (Canada) who won the race.
The 2016 Olympics rowing competition started on Saturday with challenging windy conditions for the rowers. Egyptian Nadia Negm had battled to second position before being overtaken by Puspure in the final stretch. The Rio 2016 Olympics sculls quarter-finals will be on Tuesday, 9th August.
Nadia will join Egypt’s Abdel-Khalek El-Banna who also made it to the quarter-finals of the same sport.