Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Rio 2016: Nadia Negm advances to rowing quarter-finals
Nadia Negm finished with a time of 9:14.55 and advanced to the quarter-finals in the women’s single sculls competition. The top three in each heat advanced. Nadia finished third in heat three; behind Sanita Puspure (Ireland) and Carling Zeeman (Canada) who won the race.
The 2016 Olympics rowing competition started on Saturday with challenging windy conditions for the rowers. Egyptian Nadia Negm had battled to second position before being overtaken by Puspure in the final stretch. The Rio 2016 Olympics sculls quarter-finals will be on Tuesday, 9th August.
Nadia will join Egypt’s Abdel-Khalek El-Banna who also made it to the quarter-finals of the same sport.