Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Rio 2016: Nadia Negm advances to rowing quarter-finals
Nadia Negm finished with a time of 9:14.55 and advanced to the quarter-finals in the women’s single sculls competition. The top three in each heat advanced. Nadia finished third in heat three; behind Sanita Puspure (Ireland) and Carling Zeeman (Canada) who won the race.
The 2016 Olympics rowing competition started on Saturday with challenging windy conditions for the rowers. Egyptian Nadia Negm had battled to second position before being overtaken by Puspure in the final stretch. The Rio 2016 Olympics sculls quarter-finals will be on Tuesday, 9th August.
Nadia will join Egypt’s Abdel-Khalek El-Banna who also made it to the quarter-finals of the same sport.