Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Rio 2016: Nadia Negm advances to rowing quarter-finals
Nadia Negm finished with a time of 9:14.55 and advanced to the quarter-finals in the women’s single sculls competition. The top three in each heat advanced. Nadia finished third in heat three; behind Sanita Puspure (Ireland) and Carling Zeeman (Canada) who won the race.
The 2016 Olympics rowing competition started on Saturday with challenging windy conditions for the rowers. Egyptian Nadia Negm had battled to second position before being overtaken by Puspure in the final stretch. The Rio 2016 Olympics sculls quarter-finals will be on Tuesday, 9th August.
Nadia will join Egypt’s Abdel-Khalek El-Banna who also made it to the quarter-finals of the same sport.