Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
Rio 2016: Alaa Abouelkassem eliminated in individual foil
The Egyptian fencer lost by a score of 15-13 to Italian Daniele Garozzo in the round of 16 match-up.
Dealing with an ankle injury suffered just prior to the start of the Rio Olympics, the 25 year-old had comfortably advanced to the round of 16 by beating the Czech international Alexander Choupenitch with a score of 15-8.
Abouelkassem still has the team foil to look forward to, where Egypt will face the United States in a quarterfinal match-up. The match will take place on Friday, August 12th.