Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Rio 2016: Alaa Abouelkassem eliminated in individual foil
The Egyptian fencer lost by a score of 15-13 to Italian Daniele Garozzo in the round of 16 match-up.
Dealing with an ankle injury suffered just prior to the start of the Rio Olympics, the 25 year-old had comfortably advanced to the round of 16 by beating the Czech international Alexander Choupenitch with a score of 15-8.
Abouelkassem still has the team foil to look forward to, where Egypt will face the United States in a quarterfinal match-up. The match will take place on Friday, August 12th.