Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Rio 2016: Dina Meshref, El-Dawlatly’s Olympic journey ends
Dina Meshref and Nadine El-Dawlatly failed to qualify from the 128th and 265th rounds respectively in the Women’s Table Tennis competitions at the Rio Olympics.
Dina Meshref qualified from the 265th round after beating Tunisia’s Safa’ El-Sa’dany 4 nil; (12-10), (11-1), (13-11), (11-6).
However, she was not as successful in the 128th round when she faced Tailand’s Nathana Komwong.
Despite having a good start through winning the first set (11-7), she could not keep the result in her favour when Komwong won 4 sets in a row (13-11، 11-7، 11-4، 11-9); thrashing Meshref 4-1.
El-Dawlatly could also not get past the preliminary round as Denmark’s Mie Skov beat her 4-0 (11-6، 11-9، 11-7، 11-7).