Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz assured that the internal situation for...
- Al Ahly: Meteb is an important player for us
- Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
Rio 2016: Dina Meshref, El-Dawlatly’s Olympic journey ends
Dina Meshref and Nadine El-Dawlatly failed to qualify from the 128th and 265th rounds respectively in the Women’s Table Tennis competitions at the Rio Olympics.
Dina Meshref qualified from the 265th round after beating Tunisia’s Safa’ El-Sa’dany 4 nil; (12-10), (11-1), (13-11), (11-6).
However, she was not as successful in the 128th round when she faced Tailand’s Nathana Komwong.
Despite having a good start through winning the first set (11-7), she could not keep the result in her favour when Komwong won 4 sets in a row (13-11، 11-7، 11-4، 11-9); thrashing Meshref 4-1.
El-Dawlatly could also not get past the preliminary round as Denmark’s Mie Skov beat her 4-0 (11-6، 11-9، 11-7، 11-7).