Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Rio 2016: Dina Meshref, El-Dawlatly’s Olympic journey ends
Dina Meshref and Nadine El-Dawlatly failed to qualify from the 128th and 265th rounds respectively in the Women’s Table Tennis competitions at the Rio Olympics.
Dina Meshref qualified from the 265th round after beating Tunisia’s Safa’ El-Sa’dany 4 nil; (12-10), (11-1), (13-11), (11-6).
However, she was not as successful in the 128th round when she faced Tailand’s Nathana Komwong.
Despite having a good start through winning the first set (11-7), she could not keep the result in her favour when Komwong won 4 sets in a row (13-11، 11-7، 11-4، 11-9); thrashing Meshref 4-1.
El-Dawlatly could also not get past the preliminary round as Denmark’s Mie Skov beat her 4-0 (11-6، 11-9، 11-7، 11-7).