Former Enugu Rangers coach Lawrence Akpokon spoke about the upcoming CAF Champions League clash...
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
Egypt’s U17 Team Defeated by Ethiopia
The Egyptian U17 national team lost to Ethiopia 3-1 on Saturday in the 2017 African Championship qualifiers which will be played in Madagascar.
The Pharaohs will be heading to Addis Ababa on the 21st of August for the away match which will decide the qualified team.
Egyptians led the game at the 17th minute after Mahmoud Abdallah managed to score the first goal. However, Ethiopia went back to the game quickly at the 24th minute as Egypt’s goalkeeper, Mostafa Shobeir, made a mistake that led to Ethiopia’s first goal.
The Ethiopian youth added another goal minutes before the end of the first half after a strong shot. The score stayed the same till the first minute of the injury time when Matias scored the third goal.
Egypt needs to win 0-3 in the away match in Addis Ababa in order to qualify.