Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Mark Hughes praises Ramadan Sobhi’s performance vs Hamburg
“That’s a good start that has enabled him to integrate into the group and the more he’s with us the better he will become,” Hughes told the club’s official website.
“I thought he did okay in fairness because he’s only had one training session with us. He hasn’t trained with the group for three weeks because he’s been waiting for visas so it’s difficult to play the game we wanted from him.
“I thought he did fine considering the stage. He’s still a young player with a lot of potential and we saw glimpses of that.
“You can see in the short space of time that he’s been with us that senior players will continue to give him the ball because they can see there’s a good player there,” Hughes concluded.
Sobhi will be hoping to further impress manager Mark Hughes in training over the coming weeks in order to get regular first-team minutes.
Stoke City begin their Premier League season against newly-promoted side Middlesbrough on Saturday, August 13th.