Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Mark Hughes praises Ramadan Sobhi’s performance vs Hamburg
“That’s a good start that has enabled him to integrate into the group and the more he’s with us the better he will become,” Hughes told the club’s official website.
“I thought he did okay in fairness because he’s only had one training session with us. He hasn’t trained with the group for three weeks because he’s been waiting for visas so it’s difficult to play the game we wanted from him.
“I thought he did fine considering the stage. He’s still a young player with a lot of potential and we saw glimpses of that.
“You can see in the short space of time that he’s been with us that senior players will continue to give him the ball because they can see there’s a good player there,” Hughes concluded.
Sobhi will be hoping to further impress manager Mark Hughes in training over the coming weeks in order to get regular first-team minutes.
Stoke City begin their Premier League season against newly-promoted side Middlesbrough on Saturday, August 13th.