Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
Rio 2016: Farida Osman fails to qualify for the 100m butterfly final
Racing in the first semi-final of the 100m butterfly, Farida Osman finished in 5th place with a time of 58.26 seconds.
Competing in her second Olympics after London 2012, Osman had the slowest start off the blocks of all the competitors in her semi-final. Osman managed to make up time on three of her competitors, but did not place high enough to make it through to the finals. Osman did not manage to equal her time of 57.83 seconds in the qualification heat.
The American-born Egyptian ranked 12th overall out of 16 competitors, with the top eight making it through to the finals. Osman competes again on Friday at 6:00 pm CLT, where she will hope to advance through to the semi-finals of the 50m butterfly in the Rio Olympics.