Côte d’Ivoire international Gervinho is set to miss the 2017 CAF Africa Cup...
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
Rio 2016: Farida Osman fails to qualify for the 100m butterfly final
Racing in the first semi-final of the 100m butterfly, Farida Osman finished in 5th place with a time of 58.26 seconds.
Competing in her second Olympics after London 2012, Osman had the slowest start off the blocks of all the competitors in her semi-final. Osman managed to make up time on three of her competitors, but did not place high enough to make it through to the finals. Osman did not manage to equal her time of 57.83 seconds in the qualification heat.
The American-born Egyptian ranked 12th overall out of 16 competitors, with the top eight making it through to the finals. Osman competes again on Friday at 6:00 pm CLT, where she will hope to advance through to the semi-finals of the 50m butterfly in the Rio Olympics.