Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Rio 2016: Farida Osman fails to qualify for the 100m butterfly final
Racing in the first semi-final of the 100m butterfly, Farida Osman finished in 5th place with a time of 58.26 seconds.
Competing in her second Olympics after London 2012, Osman had the slowest start off the blocks of all the competitors in her semi-final. Osman managed to make up time on three of her competitors, but did not place high enough to make it through to the finals. Osman did not manage to equal her time of 57.83 seconds in the qualification heat.
The American-born Egyptian ranked 12th overall out of 16 competitors, with the top eight making it through to the finals. Osman competes again on Friday at 6:00 pm CLT, where she will hope to advance through to the semi-finals of the 50m butterfly in the Rio Olympics.