Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
Rio 2016: Farida Osman fails to qualify for the 100m butterfly final
Racing in the first semi-final of the 100m butterfly, Farida Osman finished in 5th place with a time of 58.26 seconds.
Competing in her second Olympics after London 2012, Osman had the slowest start off the blocks of all the competitors in her semi-final. Osman managed to make up time on three of her competitors, but did not place high enough to make it through to the finals. Osman did not manage to equal her time of 57.83 seconds in the qualification heat.
The American-born Egyptian ranked 12th overall out of 16 competitors, with the top eight making it through to the finals. Osman competes again on Friday at 6:00 pm CLT, where she will hope to advance through to the semi-finals of the 50m butterfly in the Rio Olympics.