Egypt international Sam Morsy has signed a new two-and-a-half-year contract at the DW...
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
Rio 2016: Farida Osman fails to qualify for the 100m butterfly final
Racing in the first semi-final of the 100m butterfly, Farida Osman finished in 5th place with a time of 58.26 seconds.
Competing in her second Olympics after London 2012, Osman had the slowest start off the blocks of all the competitors in her semi-final. Osman managed to make up time on three of her competitors, but did not place high enough to make it through to the finals. Osman did not manage to equal her time of 57.83 seconds in the qualification heat.
The American-born Egyptian ranked 12th overall out of 16 competitors, with the top eight making it through to the finals. Osman competes again on Friday at 6:00 pm CLT, where she will hope to advance through to the semi-finals of the 50m butterfly in the Rio Olympics.