Zambia U-20 national team manager Beston Cgambeshi has announced his squad for...
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
- Smouha to face Kenya’s Ulinzi Star in CAF Confederation Cup
- Ahmed Yasser scores first goal in debut with Al Mina’a
- Cuper: Preparations for World Cup starts now
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
Rio 2016: Egyptian shooter Ahmed Kamar books semi-final spot
Ahmed Kamar made history for Egypt at the Rio Olympics after he qualified to the men’s trap shooting semi-final on Monday.
The 29-year-old hit 119 of a possible 125 targets in the five 25-target qualification round to earn a spot in the semi-final, scheduled to take place later on Monday. He shot rounds of 23, 23, 24 and 24 before concluding his final round with a perfect score of 25.
Kamar is among six athletes who advanced to the semi-final round, where they will shoot 15 targets. He ranked fourth in the qualification round, one point away from the British and Croatian athletes who occupied the second and third spots.
The top two athletes from the semi-final will advance to the gold medal match, while the third and fourth will advance to the bronze medal match.
This comes one day after Egyptian shooter Afaf Elhodhod made history by finishing fifth in the women’s 10m air pistol competition.