Egypt clinched the 2016 Women’s World Team Squash Championship title after beating...
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
Elmohamady: Torino match was good preparation for league
Hull City winger Ahmed Elmohamady has admitted that his club’s pre-season friendly against Torino on Saturday was a good preparation for the new season.
The Tigers suffered a 2-1 defeat to the Italian side in a friendly game that marked Hull’s final pre-season match ahead of the start of their campaign in the English Premier League.
“It was a different game because it was very physical but we were expecting that coming up against an Italian side,” stated Elmo.
“They are usually good on the ball and physically strong so we knew what was coming. We will face similar challenges in the Premier League so the game was really good preparation for the season,” added the former Sunderland player.
This marked Hull’s first defeat during their pre-season preparations, which saw them play eight matches. The English side defeated Caykur Rizespor 3-1 in their penultimate friendly in the Austrian camp on Wednesday.
“Torino were the strongest team we have come up against this pre-season. We worked hard and played well against them but they scored a great goal to win the game.
“They changed their team fully at the break so they were maybe a bit fresher in the second half but we all managed to get 90 minutes under our belts which is massive for us ahead of the Leicester game next Saturday,” he added.
Hull were promoted to the English Premier League, just one year after being relegated from the top flight. The Tigers are scheduled to host reigning Champions Leicester City in the league opener on August 13.