Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Elmohamady: Torino match was good preparation for league
Hull City winger Ahmed Elmohamady has admitted that his club’s pre-season friendly against Torino on Saturday was a good preparation for the new season.
The Tigers suffered a 2-1 defeat to the Italian side in a friendly game that marked Hull’s final pre-season match ahead of the start of their campaign in the English Premier League.
“It was a different game because it was very physical but we were expecting that coming up against an Italian side,” stated Elmo.
“They are usually good on the ball and physically strong so we knew what was coming. We will face similar challenges in the Premier League so the game was really good preparation for the season,” added the former Sunderland player.
This marked Hull’s first defeat during their pre-season preparations, which saw them play eight matches. The English side defeated Caykur Rizespor 3-1 in their penultimate friendly in the Austrian camp on Wednesday.
“Torino were the strongest team we have come up against this pre-season. We worked hard and played well against them but they scored a great goal to win the game.
“They changed their team fully at the break so they were maybe a bit fresher in the second half but we all managed to get 90 minutes under our belts which is massive for us ahead of the Leicester game next Saturday,” he added.
Hull were promoted to the English Premier League, just one year after being relegated from the top flight. The Tigers are scheduled to host reigning Champions Leicester City in the league opener on August 13.