Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Egypt-eligible Sam Morsy linked to Scunthorpe United
Wigan Athletic have accepted a bid from Scunthrope United for Egypt-eligible midfielder Sam Morsy, according to Sky sources.
Morsy, who only joined The Latics last January from Chesterfield, has played 16 league games for Wigan Atheltic last season, helping them winning promotion to the Championship.
The 24-year-old have taken part in Wigan’s pre-season friendlies against Fleetwood Town and Oldham Athletic but was an unused substitute in their Championship opener against Bristol City.
However, Sky Sports report that Morsy is on his way to leave the DW stadium to join League One side Scunthrope United after they had their bid accepted by Wigan for the former Port Vale and Chesterfield midfielder.
The move is expected to be done in the next few days, despite Wigan’s manager Gary Caldwell’s comments on the importance of Morsy in the squad last week.
“Sam is somebody who is a big part of the squad, we value him very highly and if anyone wants to come and get any of our players then they’ll have to pay a lot of money to get them,” Caldwell said.
Scunthrope will reportedly battle with League One rivals Sheffield United for the services of Morsy, as the Blades have also shown their interest in the player.