Argentina and Barcelona legend Lionel Messi spoke about Egypt, his visit in...
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
Egypt-eligible Sam Morsy linked to Scunthorpe United
Wigan Athletic have accepted a bid from Scunthrope United for Egypt-eligible midfielder Sam Morsy, according to Sky sources.
Morsy, who only joined The Latics last January from Chesterfield, has played 16 league games for Wigan Atheltic last season, helping them winning promotion to the Championship.
The 24-year-old have taken part in Wigan’s pre-season friendlies against Fleetwood Town and Oldham Athletic but was an unused substitute in their Championship opener against Bristol City.
However, Sky Sports report that Morsy is on his way to leave the DW stadium to join League One side Scunthrope United after they had their bid accepted by Wigan for the former Port Vale and Chesterfield midfielder.
The move is expected to be done in the next few days, despite Wigan’s manager Gary Caldwell’s comments on the importance of Morsy in the squad last week.
“Sam is somebody who is a big part of the squad, we value him very highly and if anyone wants to come and get any of our players then they’ll have to pay a lot of money to get them,” Caldwell said.
Scunthrope will reportedly battle with League One rivals Sheffield United for the services of Morsy, as the Blades have also shown their interest in the player.